93 GMC Jimmy starter problems

4.3l Vortec, 4Dr, 4WD 155K miles. two months ago, after driving for more than an hour or so and parking the vehicle, my starter motor wouldn't turn over, until after about 30 minutes of sitting. no crank, no click, just plain ol' nuthin'. I've read in a few other groups that this was a possible overheat problem in the solenoid, so i replaced the starter with a duralast gold model starter (non-refurb) from autozone, and the problem was gone...or so it seemed as this week the probelm has resurfaced. the mechanic I took it to said he checked everything else and the starter motor had to be the problem. just wondering what the experts here might know about this. This is the 2nd starter motor I've gotten from them this year (OE model solenoid died in Jan), and they've already agreed to ship a third to replace this one, but I'm just wondering if perhaps I need to select a different brand/supplier.

thanks in advance,

JV

Reply to
JV