calibrating fuel gauge?

the fuel gauge in my 91 Z71 K1500 seems to be off. its a new tank/sending unit/fuel pump as of last year. When I fill the truck RIGHT full (will not
accept any more fuel), the needle doesn't go right to full.
consequently, when the gauge goes to E, there's what I feel to be at least 1/8 tank left or more...obviously the calibration is off. the needle isn't erratic or anything, but seems that its calibrated a little too low...
can these things be reset and calibrated? I'm tired of guessing how much gas is actually left in the truck past E by "how much the needle bounces back on acceleration"....

not
isn't
No way to calibrate. Use yer' odometer and keep track of miles per tank as opposed to guessing.............
Doc

gonna have to...seems the truck is levelling out now...ran er almost dry the other day (surging on the way into the gas station!)...so now with $20 worth at an average of below 0.80 c/litre, I can click off a guaranteed 130 km. I lose the needle alright, and can now judge literally by how much the needle surges back on light acceleration...when it doens't bounce back, its time for gas!!!

tank/sending
least
much
as

(will
bounces
Well you could pull the trim and move the needle on the shaft of the gauge with the tank full, OR put a potentiometer in parallel , fill the tank till the pump stops then dial in some resistance till the gauge reads full. Shouldn't take a lot across the gauge to bring it up. Once you find the amount you could replace it with a fixed value resistor rated for higher wattage.
--
Steve