FS. Dana 44 limited slip posie crown and pinion

I have a dana 44 crown and pinion with the clutch pack in the crown limited slip posie I be leave its called Rust on barring but the rest looks fine The gears are 41/11 so I think they are 373s I have a dig camera if you want a pic let me know

remove .is to email me

Reply to
John

Posi is another term for limited slip. The count on your ring and pinion do equate to 3.73 gears. I don't understand what you mean be 'crown'? Can you explain that a bit? By rust on the bearing, do you mean on the rollers, the race, the roller cage? If you think you can get a good picture of the rust and exactly where it is at then go for it and sent it to me and/or anyone else who might want to chime in!

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

the "crown" is the ring gear... if you lay the ring gear flat in your mind... it kinda looks like a crown.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Thank you Bret. I have never heard that terminology before.

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

The barrings are no good they need to be replaced! They have rust on them. These parts have been out a while hanging around my shop. I was going to put then in my truck but went with a dana 60 instead I am going to sell the dana 60 in the spring if no one buys the truck hole by then. The 60 is out of a dodge w30 pickup same side pot as chevy but don't know if springs are the same? Its in my 77 ford 250 with 44 inch tires I put a remote 205 case out of dodge as well. I have a spare 205 remote transfer case as well The truck has a 10,000 lb PTO wench on it if anyone is interested in that or the hole truck

Reply to
John

Is the DANA44 you are talking about just the differential or the whole front axle. It kinda sounds like the whole assembly. Either way, how much are you looking to realistically get out of it? Matt

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

Its just the guts carrier,crown ,pinion My self I didn't want the gears I wanted the carrer for the posies but they are good gears 3.73 Im not sure what they are going for these days but I do know what I payed for it 10 years ago. I could do some home work and give you a price or you can just make me a offer If you offer keep in mind it dose need barrings but your carrier your replacing does have all the necessary barrings [if there good] and most of the time they have to be removed to shim anyways I have shimed up a few and they can be a pain for sure. Let me know

Reply to
John

So you are keeping the posi?

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

NO It's for sale crown pinion and posie carrier I bought it for my dana 44 I had in the front of my truck but didn't use it because I bought a dana 60 instead for strength and I don't think it will fit in a dana 60 might be a touch small.

Reply to
John

Box it all up and let me know how much it will cost to ship it to a commercial address in 51240 zip code? Get me that price and I will figure out if its something I want to do. How much did you give for the gears and posi? I would like to try to at least help you break even.

Reply to
Shades

I went to the post office today and they can't look up a zip code for me they need the town or city name. They did tell me a 20 lb box would be 20 to 40 cdn ground shipping you send me a check or money order for100.00 usd and out of that I will box it up and pay the shipping. Shipping is ground.

Reply to
John