GM to recall 900,000 pickups: report

GM to recall 900,000 pickups: report Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:08 PM ET
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. <GM> is recalling about 900,000 pickup trucks worldwide to fix problems with tailgate cables that can
corrode and break when loads are placed on them, the Wall Street journal reported on its Web site.
The recall involves 1999-2000 models of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks. The paper quoted GM as saying there have been 84 injuries, most of them minor scrapes and bumps, but no crashes or deaths linked to the problem.
Separately, GM plans to issue a "special policy" letter in June regarding the cables to more than 950,000 owners of Chevrolet S-10 and GMC Sonoma pickups from the 2000-2003 model years. The action is not a recall, but provides owners with an inspection procedure to check the tailgate for any problems.
http://today.reuters.com/investing/FinanceArticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID 06-03-11T020806Z_01_SPI106976_RTRUKOC_0_US-AUTOS-RECALL.xml
Sunshine&Lollipops wrote:

http://today.reuters.com/investing/FinanceArticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID 06-03-11T020806Z_01_SPI106976_RTRUKOC_0_US-AUTOS-RECALL.xml
I read where they offered a free repair but not on the 99 models. I bought mine a month ago. Oh, well - good things come to those who wait.
This is old news, the cables on '04 were replaced in July of '04.
Gunner

gunner wrote:

http://today.reuters.com/investing/FinanceArticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID 06-03-11T020806Z_01_SPI106976_RTRUKOC_0_US-AUTOS-RECALL.xml

Its kinda new news actually. Some were replaced under a tsb, not a recall. The tsb didn't include my 99, so I had to buy mine. Now, its a recall so it covers more trucks.

Hopefully you kept your receipt. My '01 was recalled two years ago btw.

Well wise guy it was New News the day I posted it for those of us who didn't know. <g>