Help! My Heater vent switch on the control panel in not working on my 96 Tahoe

Hi, My Heater vent switch on the control panel is not working. The blower and temperature switches work fine but I am unable to get heated air off the floor. I checked for vacuum lines and there isn't
any. It appears everything is electrical. I have tested all fuses (under dash and hood) and found them to be working. I have checked the cables for power going into the heater control module and that is also OK. I'm not sure what else to do. The heat does not hit the windshield so it gets all foggy when it's cold. Any help is appreciated.
Help! My Heater vent switch on the control panel in not working on my 96 Tahoe Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Nov 16, 2003, 9:09pm (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (mrlee727) Hi, My Heater vent switch on the control panel is not working. The blower and temperature switches work fine but I am unable to get heated air off the floor. I checked for vacuum lines and there isn't any. It appears everything is electrical. I have tested all fuses (under dash and hood) and found them to be working. I have checked the cables for power going into the heater control module and that is also OK. I'm not sure what else to do. The heat does not hit the windshield so it gets all foggy when it's cold. Any help is appreciated.
you have a control regulator under the dash...... get up under the dash it should be on the right side of the steering colum...youll see hvac vent box with a gear type mec. on it turn your switch on your vent control....at the same time look at the regulator if it moves or not..if it moves you may need to replace or it mat just need recalibrated..if it dont move you need to check the voltage ging to it at setting change to make sure it isnt your control head....but ill bet its the regulator.... Steve C
I just changed the vent control solenoid on my 99 z71 pick up. If yours is similare, there should be a solenoid underneath the drivers side dash.