SPEEDO NOT WORKING ON MATIZ

ANY IDEAS WHY THE SPEEDO ON A MATIZ WILL STOP WORKING..(NO JOKES PLEASE).IS IT A FUSE OR RELAY BLOWN? THANKS

Reply to
peter.henriksen

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com" contains these words:

Quite likely a stuck CAPS-LOCK key.

Is it an electronic speedo or a mechanical one?

Reply to
Guy King

GUY, THANKS FOR THE REPLY AND THE ANSWER IS MECHANICAL.

Reply to
peter.henriksen

Then suspect it is the cable- a bowden cable, not an electrical cable.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com" contains these words:

Then it's still a stuck CAPS-LOCK button.

Most likely the cable's broken. Easy to prove - pull the speedo end off and see if it goes round as you drive.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks for the advice. I try in your suggestion.

Reply to
peter.henriksen

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com" contains these words:

Look, see, you've fixed one problem already!

Reply to
Guy King

Be careful when reversing at speed as these farty things are known to flip over if you suddenly lock the steering over!

Reply to
redwood

I'm fairly sure its en electric drive speedo on the Matiz.

CAPS LOCK is still broken though...

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

If you take the speedo drive out of the transmission, be very, very careful not to drop anything into the hole (nurses very, very burnt fingers) :-(

Reply to
Vim Fuego

This is where a small child comes in handy.

(Muffled voice from under the bonnet, just audible over the windrush at

60mph: "Daddy, it's turning!")

:-)

Reply to
Vim Fuego

I recall a problem I had on a Rover 214. The gear on the shaft in the gearbox came loose - I realised before I replaced the cable and wasted money - never did get it fixed as the cost was astronomical. Eventually the car died due to the cam belt failing - at an unknown mileage!

Reply to
John