Holley Replcement TBI units

Hello,

Anyone run one of the holley replacement TBI units on a 350 Chev Truck? If so whats you experience? Comments.....

Thanks, Elbert

Reply to
Elbert

follow up to my own post...

Had no luck with the holley unit..... returned it and repaired stock TBI...

Will only deal with GM parts on the fuel injecrion stuff in the future. Guess I should have known that from the start.

Reply to
Elbert

-----------

Sorry I didn't write back in time...

Holly TBI is JUNK. They pre set the fuel pressure up around 13... so it runs super rich and the poor computer just can't tone it down enough. I called them, they said to drill out the block off for the fuel pressure regulator, and adjust it down to 10 pounds. I told them they should include a fitting for a fuel pressure gauge, and instructions... and not block off the adjustment screw.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Thanks this was very helpful I was planning to upgrade to the Holly. I guess I just will rebuild the Rochester unit.

mark

Reply to
r_d

Yea I would stick with the GM TBI. My truck is a 92 K1500 with 350 and i never could get the holley unit to work right.

The stock TBI unit is real easy to work on....you can change the injectors out fairly easy.

I can't recommend the Holley unit...it just caused me a lot of work.

The holley runs good at idle and full throttle....other than that it has a problem.

Reply to
Elbert

Thanks,,, Yes I guess I learned the hard way. WIth the holley the truck ran good at idle and wide open throttle...anythign in between was a problem. I called their tech support and he basically told me stuff I already knew.

on my 92 I had a injector fail on the GM unit and I just thought I woudl try the holley before I paid $200 for one injector... turns out that would have been money saved to have done that in the first place.

I wanted to warn others about this...and to also warm people about the wires that feed the stock GM injectors on the TBI unit... the wires can become crimped and get pinched in the air cleaner housing...worth checking this out next time you check your air filer or remove the housing.

Reply to
Elbert