My S-10 will not start

Hello all,
My S-10 will not start. All the electrical works (Lights,heat,radio ect)although it does not crank over. Not even a click. It happened the
other day and I kept turning the key then all of the sudden it started. My battery is good.
Thanks
Mike

Sounds like it could possibly be your ignition switch. Not sure if this is a common problem, but it sounds like this might be your problem.
check connections at the starter, battery,ect. Sounds like a loose wire to me.

Yea I am going to check and clean the connection tomowrrow.
Thanks
Mike

Yea after I check my connection on the starter and Battery and such and that doesn't solve my problem I am going to drop the steering column and replace the ignition switch.
Thanks
Mike
Re: My S-10 will not start Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Feb 3, 2004, 8:16am (CST+6) From: mfell2112*NOSPAMM*@yahoo.com
wrote:
Hello all, My S-10 will not start. All the electrical works (Lights,heat,radio ect)although it does not crank over. Not even a click. It happened the other day and I kept turning the key then all of the sudden it started. My battery is good. Thanks Mike Sounds like it could possibly be your ignition switch. Not sure if this is a common problem, but it sounds like this might be your problem. Yea after I check my connection on the starter and Battery and such and that doesn't solve my problem I am going to drop the steering column and replace the ignition switch. Thanks Mike
Before you pull apart the colum ....Check to see if you have power to the starter...When you turn the key to crank does the lights on the dash go out? Any lights on the dash flash? Steve C
Maybe check the starter amps draw if you can get a VAT-40 or equivalent meter
Maybe check the starter amps draw if you can get a VAT-40 or equivalent meter
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 06:57:40 -0600 (CST), The_Gear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (S C) wrote:

I have a digital dash that hasn't worked for a couple of years. I do have power to the starter though. I hit it with a screw driver and it sparked. I clean my battery today. Gonna pull the start and check it on Wed.
Thanks
Mike
Developments?

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:05:59 -0500, "burntkat IS AT comcast.net"

Yea it is setting in my driveway. The starter has not been removed because I can't get the darn thing out to to the flywheel cover.
Thanks
Mike

What year, what motor, what transmission. Geez....

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:32:16 -0500, "burntkat IS AT comcast.net"

It is a 91 model s-10 Blazer. 4.3 with an Automatic 4x4.
Thanks
Mike

Jiggle the gearshift and see if it'll start. Try cranking in neutral to see if she turns over.
From experience, I would say that it is your starter selenoid. You have to take the engine mount loose and jack the engine up to remove the starter.
Wildbill
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:05:28 -0600, mfell2112*NOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote:

A7N8X-E Deluxe Revision 2.xx BIOS 1008 AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core 2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM) Geforce FX 5200 128MB Windows XP Home SP1 3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8 40GB Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar WD1600BB 160GB Hard Drive .......and the list goes on.........