new truck - ideal maintenance, problem areas

Do your own chassis greasing, a lot of people that take them to quick lube places don't get the steering and suspension components greased well and then complain then they have a failure.

Reply to
Eugene

The temptation of the factory incentives did me in and I just bought a brand new Blazer ZR2.

Since I am in the position of owning the vehicle since new, what advice can be given in terms of:

Conversion to synthetic lubricants? If so, at what mileage?

Areas to be diligent about in routine maintenance?

Are there particular problem areas on the ZR2's that require special attention or prevention?

Oh yeah, and what about a K&N ? JUST KIDDING !!!! I have followed this group long enough to be up to speed on this one. :-)

Thanks.

Reply to
frametype

I always change the first oil change. If it seems to be using some oil you might wait a bit longer for the rings to seat, but I have not heard of any problem in that area in recent years.

Reply to
ABC

I always change @ around 500 miles the first time around.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

swap to synthetic as soon as possible, just remember to use a good one like moble1,,,, i know k&n air filters suck...but he k&n oil filters are awesome...

Reply to
S.S.I.N.