noisy air conditioning pump

when I start the truck, there is a loud rattle sound coming from the air conditioning pump. Sounds like a small marble rattleing around inside. Any ideas on what the issue might be? At first I thought it was just a squeaky
belt so I applied belt dressing, and now this rattle occurs. Thanks.

sounds like a bad a/c clutch bearing, which should be a sealed roller bearing type. take the belt off, and turn the pulley on the clutch by hand, if it makes the noise you've been hearing, you found the culprit