Pennsylvania: Trace Vehicle Sales?

I have a vehicle about which I need to know, for the past 3 transfers of ownership - all within the state of Pennsylvania.
- Date of sale
- Amount of sale
- Old owner name
- New owner name
- Mileage at time of sale
Anybody have experience in developing information like this?
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

Only way would be to file a FOIL request and show you have a legitimate reason.
Everything except the mileage is covered under DPPA.
--
Steve W.

Per Steve W.:

Thanks. An I can live without the mileage.
"FOIL" = Freedom Of Information Law, right?
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

This form looks to be the same style NY uses to file a FOIL request at the DMV.
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-135.pdf
--
Steve W.

Per Steve W.:

Looked promising until I read the instructions.
"NOTE: Sales tax and purchase price are considered confidential and will not be provided."
I think I'm back to what I figured in the first place: some private investigator with a back door into the DMV's DB.
--
Pete Cresswell