Re: water in tailpipe

I'd be interested to know if it was still there after 50 miles? Have you had it since it was new? Would too cool of thermostat not let the engine/exhaust get hot enough to burn off the water in that distance? I wonder if a large muffler could hold enough water not to burn it all off in 20 miles.
Hatt
Water vapor is a bi-product of the catalyst convert.
-- 98 Camaro

My 1983 C10 does the same thing. Water will drip from the tail pipe for 20 minutes some time. Put I never have to add water to the cooling system.

I've also seen blown intake-manifold gaskets do the same thing. Is ther a vassaleen-looking gell inside the oil cap? Loose just a little water (refil 1/week or 2?)? Try spraying engine starter fluid around the manifold gasket and if the engine idle speeds up you've found a leak - if not you may still have one. Especially if you're seeing water drip on hot dry days and vapor clouds. Elliott