rain water in ignition

I have a 1993 sabb 900 turbo convertible. Despite the problems I still love the car. Here's the newest issue. The driver's side window doesn't go up or down when it is humid (this is what I deduced) but the real problem is it rained before I could cover the window opening and rain water went down the ignition. Today I awoke and the key wouldn't move and the clutch was stuck in reverse. Any advice?

Reply to
bridget422

Re: your window problem. This is a relatively easy fix. Remove the motor assembly. Remove the gear cover. Disassemble the assembly ( at this point you should apply 12V to the motor to make certain it's not the problem...usually isn't), and clean the shafts, and the aluminum casing where the shafts enter with a fine grit sandpaper. Relube with a light grease ( moly based works well here), and reassemble. Make certain to lubricate the lift mechanism while your in there.

Re: ignition

sounds more like a problem related to wear than water. you could try spraying a lubricant like WD40 ( which displaces moisture ) into the assembly and wiggle the key. It's a good idea to disconnect the battery first. Make sure that you know your radio code if you still have factory audio.

Good Luck

BL

Reply to
BL