Replacing encoder motor on 2000 Envoy

I have been trying to replace the encoder motor in my 2000 Envoy. The problem is that when I removed the old one the shaft that it engages on the transfer case sprung slightly in a counter-clockwise direction. Now I cannot
put the new one on because it doesn't line up with the shaft. I can't rotate the motor because there is no room. I am able to turn the shaft up with a 15 mm wrench, but it is way too wide to engage the motor and then slide the wrench out. I tried to make a thin wrench using sheetmetal and then I tried 1/8" steel flat bar, but they are not strong enough to turn the shaft and they bend. Can anyone help?
Thanks Dante
"Dante M. Catoni" wrote

If you can't manually shift the transfer case to match the encoder motor, you may want to try hooking the encoder motor up to the electrical connection, and then shift the motor with the 4x4 switch in the vehicle to match the position of the t/case. I usually just shift the t/case to match the encoder, it helps to unload the drivetrain (put it in neutral).
Ian

he might also jack up one front or rear tire, incase it's in 4WD and in a bind internally
I wanted to shift the encoder motor, but that big yellow sticker on it said that permanent damage would result. I got frustrated and did it anyway. It moved into place and slid on no prblem. I wasted hours on a problem that took 20 seconds to fix.
Thanks for the help Dante