Fortunately I did not have to remove the intake manifold to get to the left
hand motor mount.
I managed to get a 3/8ths ratchet and socket on the top bolt from underneath
the engine and brake it loose by levering it with a pry bar. Put a block
under the back edge of the oil pan and jacked the engine a lot further up
than I thought I'd have to fit the new mounts in but didn't have to remove
the radiator shroud as I'd read elsewhere. I was surprised how much the new
mounts compressed when I let the engine back down.
Both the mounts were definitely shot (the rubber bladder was ruptured and
there was oil spilled on the crossmember) and now that they've been replaced
the vibration at idle is gone and I think the engine is also quieter and
smoother at speed.
I couldn't torque the top bolts on either side because of access on the left
side and clearance on the right but guess that I got 90 to 100 ft/lbs on
those and 100 on the bottom hex bolts.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.