Stepper motor

Any ideas where I can purchase the stepper motor's for the GM instrument clusters. Have a 04 Trailblazer here with a failed speedo stepper. Soldered
in the temp stepper in place of speedo, same part # for all gauges in cluster, but now no temp gauge. Drove it around with GPS unit to verify speed and its right on. Apparently these need no calibration or I was lucky. Or anybody have a old GM cluster laying around. I'd like to check some out and see if most GM's interchange. It would be helpful to everyone to get some info posted on parts and a fix. 15 min with a soldering iron beats several hundred bucks for a replacement dash.
How about a cluster from a salvage yard?

probably gonna try it this weekend. It would be nice to find a supplier for new stepper motor's. I am sure someone sells them, there are companies who will replace them for you so someone makes replacements. The only problem with a boneyard is they want $75 and up around here for a used cluster, hate to spend that much to experiment.

=============== "David & Robin Johnson" was caught scratch'n his head, mumbling outloud ::
<snip>
It would be nice to find a supplier for new stepper motor's. I am sure someone sells them,
<<snipped,cut,disected,otherwise edited>> ================ whoooooo's yer budddddddddy....... whooooooooo's........yer buddddddddddddddddy.......... whooooooooooooooo's...yer buddddddddddddddddy???????
:)
. .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item )0176369037 . .
~:~ marsh ~takes a toke.....sips his crownroyal......and wonders...... how he got to be so damd good........type'n lessons i rectom~

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item )0176369037
Marsh, your either gonna have to wait til I come to FL or forward your shipping address. But don't wait long, I'll have to drink this 1/5 of Crown Royal instead of gifting it to you. Think of how many people have dropped a few hundred bucks to fix these. Remove cluster, fron and rear covers snap on, remove pointer needles by pulling straight up, desolder 4 connectors using copper wick or solder sucker. Use a low wattage iron. Install reverse order. If you are uncomfortable with a solder iron pay your local tv shop a few bucks to install. 95% of the problems I have seen with gauge clusters have been stepper motors. Less than $10.00 to fix. If sippin CR makes you that good I'm gonna have to switch from my Makers Mark, it's been a long and mostly enjoyable relationship but sometimes ya got to let go.

~:~ marsh ~sticks a straw through the monitor......slurps up his 5th...... mmmmmmmm........good stuff~ ~:~
David & Robin Johnson wrote:

David, FYI, I just got a notice from GM letting me know of extended coverage for this problem on my 04 Sierra Z71 (which I don't have anymore). KenG

They are driven to the stop when you turn the key on. After that the computer just counts the steps. Just like an old pin printer.
Al