sodding stepper motor

Happy new year - bah humbug

right, after the stalling and erratic idling I took the stepper out and gave it a good clean through. for the first 24 hrs post cleaning great no probs.

THen yesterday it was back - but worse!!!

Its like its flooding, started up in the station carpark, waited for it to warm up, then moved forward, got to the exit, where it stopped. Only 10 cars stuck behind me. Turned the key and the engine just turned and turned, no fire. Switched off. Waited two minutes, started no probs but didn't want to idle. Thank god its an auto, bit of left foot juggling got me out of the carpark.

Made it to the garage, filled up, and managed to pull away from the pump to, thats right you guessed it, block the entrance. Switch off, wait, juggle feet, no probs got me home fine.

Could the stepper motor be "shagged" beyond cleaning?

Si

Reply to
simonk

In article , simonk writes

Also check inside the distributor cap for condensation

Can have the symptoms you describe.

Reply to
marc

THanks Marc,

Yesterday I changed the stepper motor (£65). Better idle, but bizarrely, when you went to move off it was like it flooded, then wouldnt start.

So, the ECU temp sensor became the next suspect (£9).

Changed that this morning - so far so good - apart from getting an eye full of coolant.

I'll run this in for today and see how we do.

If that doesnt help, its bite the bullet and book it in time

Si

Reply to
simonk