thermac

Anyone know where I can get a new wax pellet actuator for a 89 gmc pickup thermac? I called the dealership and they said they didn't know what it was, talked to a tech who explained to the parts guy what it
was, still can't get it, am I better off just ripping the little door off? I was actually thinking of maybe just popping on one of those chrome open housings, anyone know if the edelbrock ones will fit the tbi on a 454?

Autozone has instructions on their site that explains how to repair this. Don't know if this means they carry the part, but it might be worth a shot.
what does it do !!!!! 89GMC wrote:

It's a little actuator in the air cleaner assembly that opens the little door that chooses between hot air from the stove pipe off the exh man and cold air. a spring holds that door closed(giving hot air) and when it heats up enough, the wax in the actuator is supposed to melt and push the door closed, giving you outside air.