Trans fluid flush or drain?

Gary im not a english teacher nor do it get paid 60,000 a year for my spelling or my great writing skills i think the problem with yourturck is simple just like the one who owns it

Reply to
Steve Cook

following a thread in a news group is simple most people are responding to the first question at had or are carrying on the conversation started you must be a idiot it you need to have the whole thread layed out in everypost obviously the remark nor the question was for you so in reply to your little or deal where you forgot to take your meds for the bipolar you have if you dont know what your reading dont reply everyother group has no problem and has many people who are replying in the same manner this is a group about what english and making sure the bipolar exchange student can read without flaw of 4x4 trucks?

Reply to
Steve Cook

LOL, I see it was not just me having trouble reading that long run on sentence. I thought I was just getting old...............hell my head takes a spin when I read my kids internet stuff with all the "how r u", boyz etc.

Steve do you breathe when you speak?

Gary Glaenzer wrote:

Reply to
john
.

scrib .... During a recent episode of the ongoing sitcom......... alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks

snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer) (a regular on the show) started the the first scene with these words...............

repeat after me: 'punctuation marks are my friend'. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Steve Cook" wrote in jumbled message form.......

cottman is respectable like i said ask for proof of work because i lived in ohio and my exfather enlaw worked for them and i heard stories he use to pull.as far as they dealer a flush does not include pulling the pan thats just a standard gm tranny service a flush is a flush a tranny service is a tranny service my service advisors tried this once and god was there a mess besides cottman is a fullservice all tranny shop i know at our dealership where i work as a tech we have 1 full service tranny guy but all the techs can do the service but at cottman or any other transmission they can tell you if your tranny is pregnant just by the smell of the fluid lol for experience and price id go to the tranny shop if your car runs like crap and dont run half of the time then take it to the dealer lol eighter way i hope you get a good deal and the work done ya need steve ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

MY TRUCK ?????

obviously, you have the same skills at message attribution as you do at punctuation

attribution (n.) at-trib-bue-shun 1) the art of including the previous post in your reply, so that readers can tell what the hell you're talking about... 2) figuring out who said what in a thread... 3) something you should learn to do, do folks don't immediately pick up on the fact that you're a clueless web-tv newbie

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Whooa steve writing like that does not give a good impression it dilutes what you are try to say in a skew of words people are just trying to give you a headup if you know what i mean lol just take it as constructive critizism you will be the better for it just keep posting and helping folks with auto problems it is appreciated winter is comming put on you snow tires LOL it is going to snow very soon i am just frying to hlp so just down a dozen beers and relaz all will be well dont forget to breathe typing like this can cause wrist prolems later dude............

Reply to
john

..

Re: Trans fluid flush or drain? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Oct 1, 2003, 6:34am From: The_Gear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steve=A0Cook) following a thread in a news group is simple most people are responding to the first question at had or are carrying on the conversation started you must be a idiot it you need to have the whole thread layed out in everypost obviously the remark nor the question was for you so in reply to your little or deal where you forgot to take your meds for the bipolar you have if you dont know what your reading dont reply everyother group has no problem and has many people who are replying in the same manner this is a group about what english and making sure the bipolar exchange student can read without flaw of 4x4 trucks? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

luckily im from the sea islands in south carolina where gullah is a norm for spoken linquistics or i might be totally confused with this thread all togeather as luck would have it though i have resorted to my roots for a translation of what has been put forth here with no apparent need for further translation or grammatical interpretation needed and as far as i can tell the thread has gone to hell in a handbag as it is now as about OT as a thread can get without resorting ambiguous overstatments of incompetence or swaying into nontangents of discussion based nonfact technical aspects on a given symptom i have found however that the run on statements without the punctuation has made for a challenging read at best and an aggrevation at least

scrib abell ~~speaks fluent gullah....some spanish....very little german....sometimes proper english... and never french~~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Sorry Abell, you got the run on part correct but the grammer was pretty good. He has ya lol bet lol on tat on ;=)

Reply to
john

"Steve Cook" wrote

You've obviously never met one, either.

Dave

nor do it get paid 60,000 a year for my

Reply to
Dave Brower

"Steve Cook" wrote

Showing what or who you are responding to is just good manners. I realize that you may not have figured out how to do this as you are using WebTV. Why don't you take some time and learn how to post correctly? Hell, even Marsh figured it out.

Because you didn't quote my post, I can only assume that this part was intended for me. I'm not an idiot, nor are probably 95% of the people on these newsgroups...but we do like to be able to logically follow a conversation. The way that you do that is to paste (or whatever way you want to accomplish it) in the relevent parts that you are responding to. Just makes life simpler and makes you look smarter.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Come on steve, 60000 dollars a year? Hell you should be able to afford a real computer and ISP. Maybe even some english as a second language courses.....

Reply to
john

Steve, I thank you for your insight.

Brandonb

Steve Cook wrote:

Reply to
Brandon Buckner

Re: Trans fluid flush or drain? Steve Cook wrote: Gary Often people such as yourself whom believe that webtv is for the poor.Hmmmm.Lets see what do you drive?What is your house payment?Or do you rent ?Most of you simpletons who think you have it made. only live week to week and really are unhappy with their own lives .So they try to insult others not knowing what is on the other side looking or in this case laughing at them.To be honest I have a computer three of them to be right.But i have them at my shop.And for the last couple of days 5 of my mechanic were here reading the things you guys put on here and were laughing their asses off.Seems like you guys are better at insulting people than helping fix the problems they have.Which is probly why most of you more then likely work out of your back yard and will never own your own shop.Besides the point most of you will never see $60,000.00 in three years never the less one and more than likely ignore your family on the weekends because you and your other unemployed buddies are spending the money the goverment gave you on beer ,while your trying to figure out why the truck you fixed lastweek is down agian.Thanks for the great laughs keep up the good work:-)

=A0=A0im not a english teacher nor do it get paid 60,000 a year for my spelling or my great writing skills i think the problem with yourturck is simple just like the one who owns it Come on steve, 60000 dollars a year? Hell you should be able to afford a real computer and ISP. Maybe even some english as a second language courses.....

Reply to
Steve Cook

"Steve Cook" wrote

Hey Steve, I think you are insulting or "going after" the wrong guy. I don't know too much about Gary, but I believe that he's quite successful with his own business. Yes, he might be abrasive and to the point, but he understands the finer points of grammer and newsgroup posting and so is very easy to follow when he gives advice or answers questions.

This sounds like a case of the pottle calling the kettle black. Nobody is insulting you, just asking you to be more clear and follow known rules of posting so that your knowledge and skill can be readily used by all here.

These newsgroups are not just about "helping" fix all the problems that folks have. It's also about good manners, simple yet effective grammer, and at least a bit of posting etiquette. You are probably very good at what you do and knowledgeble, but it doesn't come across that way when you post.

Is that "all" you make as an owner of a business with 5 techs? That doesn't say much to me. I've already made that much this year and we are only 2/3's of the way through. What does how much money you make have anything to do with how helpful and polite you can be here?

By the way, kudos' for quoting the posts that you are replying to. Good work.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Who gave this guy the bright idea of quoting? Now he is making a real mess of quoting. His quoting technique follows his perfected way of making everything one long run on sentence.

If he has trouble following simple procedures such as proper quoting (not to mention simple english comprehension), how the hell is he following the detailed trouble shooting documentation need to work on todays complex automobiles?

Reply to
john
.

Re: Trans fluid flush or drain? inline

"Steve Cook" .....uncorked the bottle as he chanted these words......

Gary, Often people such as yourself whom believe that webtv is for the poor.Hmmmm.Lets see what do you drive?What is your house payment?Or do you rent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ which summoned forth.... shiden_kai out of his bottle to pronounce.......

Hey Steve, I think you are insulting or "going after" the wrong guy.

I don't know too much about Gary, but I believe that he's quite successful with his own business. Yes, he might be abrasive and to the point, but he understands the finer points of grammer and newsgroup posting and so is very easy to follow when he gives advice or answers questions. Most of you simpletons who think you have it made. only live week to week and really are unhappy with their own lives .So they try to insult others not knowing what is on the other side looking or in this case laughing at them. This sounds like a case of the pottle calling the kettle black.

Nobody is insulting you, just asking you to be more clear and follow known rules of posting so that your knowledge and skill can be readily used by all here.

These newsgroups are not just about "helping" fix all the problems that folks have. It's also about good manners, simple yet effective grammer, and at least a bit of posting etiquette. You are probably very good at what you do and knowledgeble, but it doesn't come across that way when you post. Is that "all" you make as an owner of a business with 5 techs? That doesn't say much to me. I've already made that much this year and we are only 2/3's of the way through. What does how much money you make have anything to do with how helpful and polite you can be here?

By the way, kudos' for quoting the posts that you are replying to. Good work.

Ian ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You tell that webby off Ian....

Webbies.......sheeesshhhh. They'll let anybody in here.

Good thing he didn't give Gary his home addy.. Gary's liable to go to his house and chunk his tax return on the table and make poor ole Steve cry..........or at least poke em in the nose holes.

Scrib Abell ~~passes the crown royal to Steve and winks... simmmer ..simmmer...simmmer down now.~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

"john" wrote

True, but at least now you can figure out who/what he is responding to......sortave.

He'll probably get better, Marshy did, though I suspect he's constrained by the limits of what Webbie's can do.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"Scribb Abell" wrote

Marsh....shut-up and go get a real computer and a real ISP.

Or not!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Cottman in Elmira, NY rebuilt the 700R4 in my '87 K5 at 96,000 miles for $1200 with a 24 mo/24,000 warrenty. Still no problems at 186,000.

Reply to
JR

Good to hear. Thanks.

Brandonb