Truck shopping and have a question

Hi all,
I'm looking into getting a newer truck, specifically a 2003 S10 Ext Cab 4x4 with the ZR2 package. I seen one that a dealer had online that only had 37k
miles on it, with just about everything I'd want on a truck. I drove the 25 miles to take an upclose look. When I got there I looked the truck over, and then looked at the frame and underside of the bed though the rear wheel wells. What I saw was a frame with rust on every weld seem, and a painted bed support, square tube, with rust on it.
Should one expect to see rust like that on a 3 year old truck? Is that a sign that this truck has seen some hard use? Or could it have been driven on lots of country roads? Aside from a small dent in the drivers door, and another small dent with chipped paint below the gas cap cover, the rest of the body looked great.
Because of the rust I passed on this truck, but was just curious about the rust.
Thanks,
JD
rust is perfectly normal anywhere salt is used on the roads.

Normal, maybe but acceptable, no, I would look for one with less rust as they are out there as it will only get worse. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Thanks Guys,
Snoman, that's what I thought as well.