yellowed headlights

Page 2 of 2

??
el Diablo

Yer right, it won't come through as Chinese! Damn....

I had "My bunghole speaks loud" in chineese, but it didn't post correctly, just showed up as all question marks.............
Doc

Brian
LOFL!
If it would have came out right, and I would have understood it.
I would have pissed myself. You would have owed me laundry service!
LOL
Refinish King

I wonder if this is the same "Kirby"
I went to P.S. 68 in the Bronx with?
Refinish King

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:15:45 -0600, "Kirby \"Does it Hurt?\" Black"

all parts are disposable...some have a longer life than others.
When you buy some of thiese things your view changes a little.
IF you want my "big picture opinion", then Yes I'm of the opinion that the lens should have a longer life.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net
"Buck Permenter" < snipped-for-privacy@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
"Yellowed" clear polycarbonate (Lexan) plastic for auto/truck headlight covers is almost "unbreakable", unlike other clear plastics, but it yellows with exposure to ultra violate radiation. Acrylic (Plexiglas) doesn't yellow much at all, but will break much easier than polycarbonate. Additives and coatings are applied to help retard this but will not last for ever. Steel rusts, aluminum oxidizes, paints fade and oxidize, plastics fade, oxidize and turn yellow/brown. It cannot completely be stopped, especially with a clear plastic. You have to go back to glass to stop the fade but then we couldn't have all the cool styling of today's polycarbonate lenses. Also, the glass would weigh more and break easier. So, if you want a non yellowing, inexpensive headlight, you'll have to go back in time. I don't have the yellowing problem with my '70 Blazer! :-) LD