Headlight goes out on turn signal??

Has anyone heard of this "feature"?

We just picked up a Caliber and when you turn on the turn signal, the headlight on that side goes out until the turn signal goes off. The salesman says this is a feature to draw attention to the vehicle turning. To me it decreases the lighting to the place you are going to.

Any comments?

Thanks, Colin

Reply to
Colin Fox

Talk to the service department -- doesn't sound like a "feature" to me, either! :P

Reply to
Marcus

Apparently this is the way it was designed and is like this on all current Chrylser models. I bet most drivers don't even know its happening!

The headlight only goes out when you are running only the Daytime Running Lights, not when the full headlamps are on. I confirmed this with the Service Manager. Anyone driving a new product should give it a try.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Fox

The reason for this is in daylight it is often hard to see the turn signal for the glare from the headlamp. With the headlight off, the turn signal is much more visable. I know I've cussed at people making a turn and not using their signal, only to see it at the last minute when they are very close.

Reply to
Fred Aston