91 Integra.....What's this wire???

My positive battery terminal/connector finally broke on me. As I was replacing the terminal with a just a standard universal battery terminal/connector, I noticed one single wire laying by the bottom of
battery not connected. The wire was a red wire wrapped in the factory plastic protective tubing....just like the positive battery cable. It looked like the wire had been cleaning cut to disconnect it with the end pushed back in the tubing. The wire ran down the fender well toward the bottom of the firewall. Any idea what this red wire in protective tubing might be????
I have had the car for 6 years and have never had any electircal problems. Everything seems to work on the car. I did not cut the wire. Guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Thanks!
BC
Add pictures here
âś–

Judging by a glance at my own '91, and a skim through the factory manual, it doesn't sound like a factory wire.
There *is* a red wire that goes from the EGR Control Solenoid Valve on the firewall to the ECU, but I don't think it would be routed near the battery. And you won't have EGR if you have a manual transmission.
Any evidence of any aftermarket installations? Remote start, alarm, anti- theft, etc.?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
No sign of any aftemarket devices that I can see. It is a manual trans. I could not see where it could have been connnected either. It does look factory to me since it is wrapped in the plastic spiral factory protective tubing. I am not going to worry about. Just thought I would ask here.....
Thanks for the response.
TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–

That spiral tubing may not be factory. You can buy it aftermarket as well.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Then it could have been something aftermarket.....that I never knew about.
Thanks again.
TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here
âś–
Have you owned it since new? Has it had remote starter / alarm on it? And then removed perhaps? MZ

Add pictures here
âś–