98 Integra Automatic Transmission (Overdrive)

I was just wondering about my automatic transmission.
I have D4, D3, D2, and D1 in that order following N. I was wondering which one is the gear I should drive in. Ive been driving in D4 as
the previous driver said it was over-drive and saved gas ect...
Is this the right gear I should be driving in?
On 1/8/06 11:38 PM, in article 734211 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com, "Shadow"

D4 is correct for most situations. Switch to d3 if you want quicker acceleration and/or more engine braking (at the expense of lower gas mileage).