acura- i lost all power

i was driving about 45 mph and mycheck engine light came on and i pushed the gas and nothing happened my car completely died. i let it set for a couple days and my batttery is dead so i bought a new battery and my car sounds like it wants to start but it wont ? what could it be?

Reply to
momocult

"momocult" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

What happens?

Does the engine go chugga-chugga-cough-chugga-cough?

Does the engine go chugga-chugga-chugga and nothing else?

Does it just go click-click?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

it goes chuga chuga chuga chuga every time i turn the key but it wont start and it has gas in it

Reply to
momocult

it goes chugga chugga chugga chugga but wont start and it has gas in it