Best fuel for 2004 TL

I complained to my dealer about some irratic throttle response, thinking it may be the drive-by-wire system acting up.
He asked what gas I'm using, and I told him Shell 91 Premium. He
then told me to switch to Mobil Premium, that it was recomended as the best gas for high-octane Honda and Acura cars. The problem should clear up after that.
Comments..?

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!

Shell Premium was recommended for my Prelude by my Honda dealer. I have really noticed no difference between Shell and other gasolines, though. IMO your dealer is giving you an excuse.
"" wrote:
> > > I complained to my dealer about some irratic throttle > response, > > thinking it may be the drive-by-wire system acting up. > > > > He asked what gas I'm using, and I told him Shell 91 > Premium. He > > then told me to switch to Mobil Premium, that it was > recomended as > > the best gas for high-octane Honda and Acura cars. The > problem > > should clear up after that. > > > > Comments..? > > > > -- > > Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail > > > > The United States is the greatest country in the world..! > > Twenty-five million illegal aliens can't be wrong. > > Shell Premium was recommended for my Prelude by my Honda > dealer. I have > really noticed no difference between Shell and other > gasolines, though. IMO > your dealer is giving you an excuse.
Yup, sounds liek a dirty excuse to me, the difference between brands should most definitely NOT affect your throttle response (if you consider it to be irratic)... Now, Im not saying that all fuel is the same... shell has their newe v-power or whatever it is, alot of these companyies just put additives in their gas, or try to clean it up, one of the two.. but if your throttle seems to "bog" or not respond the way iot used to, or is like you said irratic tell the dealership to shape up and get to the bottom of it.

I have had problems with 76 gasoline in particular. The '84 Nissan 300ZX I had would run okay for a month or two on it, then the idle would get funky and the clutch would seem to grab. A can of injector cleaner in the tank or a tankful of Texaco (now under the Shell name) would straighten it out within half a tank. Personally, I would choose Shell over Mobil for quality, but I haven't had any problems with Mobil. The Speedpass is convenient and the two closest stations to home are Mobil, so we use it.
Mike