218SD throttle cabe about to snap .

Hi again,

Whilst doing and oil and fuel filter change on my 170k, 93, 218SD today I noticed the little swivel end where the throttle cable joins the throttle pump wasn't 'swivelling' and may of caused extra strain on the cable that was 3/4s broken through!

The (remains of) the local Rover dealer was shut this afternoon and the car spares place said 'main dealer only' (why when they stock the clutch cable and all the belts?).

So I looked at it again and thought I could just replace the inner (the outer is fixed at many places) if I could get a) an inner long enough and b) the end to suit the injector pump arm?

He then suggested Citroen do long cable 'kits' where you can make up what you like and the car spares place may have one of those (and open Sunday morning) ;-)

Any thoughts please?

All the best ...

T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's a Peugeot engine, so any of your local Peugeot/Citroen dealers should be able to supply the part (but not the cable itself, cos that's likely unique to the Rover).

Reply to
Nom