Plan on driving a new car on a 3000mile highway trip. Bad idea?

I was planning on taking my soon to take possession MDX on a trip which will consist mostly of highway driving of about 3000mile drive and been told that that's not such a good idea because you don't want
to drive a brand new car on the highway for any extended amount if you can help before the car's properly broken in.
The seals, rings and the machine just needs to set in properly, which happens during the break in period and before that, I was told you should avoid any long highway trip.
What do you guys think? If this was your car, would you do it or put off the trip until after the car's broken in properly? Thanks.
4ax.com:

True. You want to spend your first 1000 miles or so at mixed speeds, not all at highway speeds and especially not with the cruise control turned on. Also, try to avoid hard acceleration and hard braking during this period. This should be spelled out in your owner's manual.
Bow Wow wrote:

The advice in the previous post is EXACTLY what I did last year with my TL Type S. I had 1000 miles on it and took off on a long road trip. When I got back I had 5700 miles on the car. I've had no problems with the car before or since.
Tom S. Houston, TX
Tom Simchak wrote:

So when do you get the oil changed?
<das216at_comcast.net> says...

Bob
ZaveyZipper wrote:

As the other poster said, when the car reminder said to...my dealership uses synthetic blend oil, and I get free changes. Keep in mind that driving on the interstates puts less stress on the engine and other components (including oil) than does stop and go driving.
I check the oil life indicator from time to time. I'm not hard on cars other than driving them a little faster than the limits. On another vehicle I own, a 2002 Trailblazer, I got over 60K miles on the original tires and brake pads.
Tom S. Houston, TX
Bow Wow wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. I did just that with a nearly brand new car in 1996 and it is still running strong today with over 160k miles on it.