RSX Type S Body Side Molding

I just bought an RSX Type S. Is putting body side molding on it to protect it from door dings a stupid idea? If not, what product would you suggest.
Thanks, Drew Faber Long Beach, CA
Additional info: The car from 2002 and is silver.

I have an 04 RSX. I am not sure what you are considering as body molding, but I would think that anything would just look out of place. I have none, by the way. I do have a door ding that a stupid a@@hole did a last week. However, I will be able to "pop it out" from the inside (taking out the door panel). Anyhoot. I try to park as far away from other cars. This helped (until last week, however).
Ice