06 A3 grabby brakes

I just bought a used 2006 A3 2.0T (US model). It has over 65k miles on it, but I had it checked out by the dealer and it is otherwise in great condition.
The one annoyance that I'm having trouble getting used to are the grabby brakes. Driving around town, it just seems far more sensitive than I would expect.
Is this normal for this car?
NO THE BREAKS SHOULD ALWAYS BE REALLY LOOSE

-
On Nov 14, 2:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@pil.net wrote:

You don't say what your former car was, but I guess have 'grabby' brakes is better than having brakes that don't grab! Did the dealer put on new brake pads? They are probably fairly new, given the mileage.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA