1.8 T timer?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what turbo timer is good for the

2000 A4 1.8T Quattro (facelift), would an HKS fit in easily or do I need German specific types?

Cheers, Jules

***24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?***
Reply to
Dr Joolz

Didn't the B5 1.8T come with an afterrun coolant pump from the factory?

Reply to
daytripper

Thought that was only the 225TT (and possibly the A3 210/225 and Seat "variants")?

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

No mine doesn't have 1 I think, when I switch off the ignition it all dies down... so now I just sit in the car for 2 mins every time before switching it off.

Jules

Reply to
Dr Joolz

Why not just drive more conservativly 2 mins from home, then there is no need to have one, or too sit there.

If you floor it all the way to your house, then yeah the turbo needs time too cool, but drive it carefully for the last leg, and you can switch it straight off.

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Ah is that so? Cos' I thought I have to leave the car stationary for some time for the engine to cool down in any case, so I shouldn't worry too much then cos' I don't drive hard anyway.

Cheers, Jules

***24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?***
Reply to
Dr Joolz

Just make sure you use synthetic oil.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I think that's right. My 1.8T doesn't have one.

To the OP: Drive conservatively for the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of your drive, to let the oil warm up, and the turbo cool down, respectively. This issue has really been talked to death in the Audiworld forums.

Spider

Reply to
Spider