Turbo Timer Problems

Hey Guys,

I have a WRX MY02 with factory alarm/immobilizer and I have just had a turbo timer installed by an Auto-electrian. My problem is whenever I take the key out the car dies yet the turbo timer keeps counting down. The Electrician was hopeless and said thats just how these cars are. Anyone got any tips

Cheers

Reply to
karlanderson

If I recall correctly the turbo timer keeps the turbo from dropping below maximum output to avoid the turbo lag when shifting gears. Naturally the turbo must spin down after the ignition is turned off.

Reply to
Ken

I think we are talking about something that is supposed to idle the motor for 30 seconds or so after the driver actually shuts the ignition off, to prevent turbo oil coking and overheat, yes?

I know NOTHING about it....but I wondered if Subaru uses any kind of resistor chip key like the VATS system in GM cars? That would explain why it won't run with the key out....you'd have to solder a resistor into the security line to fool it if that was the case....like we talked about on the '96 Caprice key thread...

Just a thought, probably not the problem...don't lknow what Subaru uses for passive anti-theft, but I'm sure whatever it is, that's the issue that needs to be addressed...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker