Turbo Timer

Hello eveybody in Saab newsgroup land. I have a 1999 9-3 se, with updated ecu blow-off and boost control valve. I have tweaked it so that I am running at max boost. But, my question is, would it be worth it to install a turbo timer, or has anybody else installed one. I was reading that it installs into the ignition, and was worried about being able to lock the car with the remote if it was still running. So, what do you guys ink? -Alex

Reply to
9-3Turbo

You installed an MBC[1] on a 1999 9-3?

A turbo timer will not protect your engine from the MBC.

We don't find a MBC to be such a smart idea.

[1] MBC: Moron's Boost Control. A cheap device that prevents the Trionic system from protecting the engine.
Reply to
Goran Larsson

Lol..nicely put.

Reply to
Grunff

I did not quite get what the OP has done? If you want to run on max boost all the time, want to disable trionic boost control and want to accept risk of ruining the engine with knocking, why not just block the hoses that go to BPC valve? That would be even cheaper.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

Well, thanks for your opinion, but that's not really what I was looking for. All the parts that have been installed are through Abbott Racing

and actually the ecu still does control the psi in the turbo. So again thanks for your opinions, but the original question was about turbo timers and their effectiveness. Thanks, Alex

Reply to
9-3Turbo

I wouldn't bother leaving the engine running when your not in it will attract unwanted attention, just remember to take the last few minutes of your journeys gently and avoid using full boost, use fully synthetic oil to stop oil coking up the turbo bearings, turbo timers seem to be sold to turbo tuners obsessed with gadgets but would involve lots of fiddling with ignition wiring when you could just listen to the stereo for a minute

Reply to
Andy