1999 Audi A4 rear windows corrosion

Hi there, I've set my eyes on a 99 1.8 A4 (facelift) in Jasper blue, the car is great the only thing is it's done 63k miles and has some corrosion on the
little black triangles on both sides between the rear passenger window and the small window opening on both ends of hte rear shelf if you see what I mean, the paint on the outside is peeling off a bit and it looks like corrosion. Apart from that it's all perfect, full Audi service history (I've confirmed on the phone with the dealer the validity of its records, chassis no, etc, it was bought new from there in 1999), the paintwork is all great spotless no chips or scratches, and it's going for ĒG6795. I'm very tempted, the guy seems very honest and easy going and said he will have the corrosion removed and paintwork repaired and the car fully valeted before I surrender any money, but is it something I need to worry about? I mean could it be something very serious with corrosion on the little triangles? It seems to be an odd place to corrode, esp with the perfect paintwork eveyrwhere else. The Audi dealer said the car had not been recorded for any problems at all thru its 7 service visits over the past 4 years from new, and it's got only 1 owner. So what do you guys think?
It will come with a 3 month warranty and full HPI cert, original Audi service book and history and V5, etc documentation. Is that a reasonable bargain? As long as the paintwork is fixed that is.
Also there's a towbar at the rear, which had the rear bumper moulding (the unpainted black plastic "lip" trim but at the rear bumper) cut a bit in the middle to site the towbar. The moulding has got rear parking sensors installed so I want to know if I remove the towbar how much would it be to replace the moulding with sensors?
Cheers, Jules
Add pictures here
✖
Christ, I thought I was fussy

car
the
(I've
chassis
tempted,
corrosion
surrender
else.
only
the
Add pictures here
✖
Sorry. Just lost a good mate in an RTA. A prick in a fiesta pulled out without looking. The poor guy (on his Kawasaki 1000) didn't stand a chance. just makes you want to shout!
Sorry guys

and
great
all
(the
✖
I'm sorry to hear that. :-( If only all drivers were sensible and careful, and male (!!!).
Jules
Add pictures here
✖

The corrosion should have been covered by Audi's comprehensive 12 year anti perforation warranty, make sure its not been broken into, hence the marks, talking of women drivers, last night some women hit my car and run :( but some people got her reg :)
Hopefully a new bumper will be needed
www.sunglassesron.myby.co.uk/bitch3.jpg
Ronny
Add pictures here
✖
Out of interest - how much did you pay for your Audi? Was it new, secondhand? Mileage? Looking at some A4s secondhand in my dealership and they seem to be about 15K for 3 years old and the lowest milegage one is 27,000 miles.
John.

careful,
anti
Add pictures here
✖

I bought a 3 year old A4 1.8T Sport from an Independent with 26K miles, full Audi history and a fresh Audi Service. I paid 12K (GBP) which included a 12 month warranty. I also got Ģ500 back for my trade-in which I would have has to pay Ģ50 to someone to take away otherwise!!
Immediately after I bought it I claimed for 2 new front bearings and the warranty paid for this to be done at a Audi Dealership. I also changed the front disks & pads at that time which cost me Ģ170. That was all 13 months ago. Since then it passed it's MOT no bother and has needed nothing else (other than a 40K service & brake-fluid change, Audi Dealer, Ģ320) doing to it.
Cheers Matt.
Add pictures here
✖
is that a white e30 318is i see in the background ?
seems to be in pretty good nick to me....the ones i've seen have rust eating away the arches....

marks,
but
Add pictures here
✖

You made a typo there, you spelt "bikers" wrong.
--
Lordy

Add pictures here
✖
says...

Not in Chester?
Less than a mile from my house, Tuesday IIRC. Red fiesta, driven by 20 year old, pulled out of Pearl lane onto the dual carriageway A41 (northbound), and killed a motorcyclist.
Same one?
Pete.
--
NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you
Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Your ignorance and bigotry are breathtakingly offensive and reflect the fact that you have absolutely no social intelligence or any clue whatsoever. Since you seem to be in the UK, try reading this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/1590309.stm
Add pictures here
✖
Thank you Ron! You missed 1 point, women have to get out of their cars to insert the ticket at a car park exit, but before they do so they forget where they put it, turn the purse upside down while checking if the lipstick matches the shoes and then realising the ticket is in the H&M shopping bag in the boot. :-)
Add pictures here
✖

Thank you, sadly it's just observational humour, even more sadly observed from the car just behind the one driven by the woman behaving as described.
The local shopping centre car park is subterranean and the exits are narrow and tight. The biggest vehicle I have taken down there is a SIII LWB Landrover. Even in that with its amusing bad turning circle it would take some work to scrape the walls, but the walls are covered in paint streaks of different colours. When I see a car leaving a mark it's inevitably a Polo/Fabia/Mini/Seicento driven by the female of the species. What is it that they can't drive a vehicle in a lane about 6ft wider than their car without whacking into the wall?
--
The wage of sin is death, but after the government has taken its share
all that is left is a tired feeling.
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Steve Firth wrote:

Their brains are only designed for talking (a lot).
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Power outages traced to a dimbulb in the White House
✖
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:23:39 +0100, Alex Buell

Misogyny such as yours doesn't bode well for the perpetuation of the human race.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 snipped-for-privacy@suds.com wrote:

That's okay, I don't intend to breed.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Power outages traced to a dimbulb in the White House
✖
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:35:30 +0100, Alex Buell

Excellent, a good way of eliminating that particular trait. Thanks!
Add pictures here
✖
And I wouldn't say they're better drivers, they're just slower. At certain times of a month, they go mental and zoom past traffic to cause accidents or do an emergency stop thinking she had forgot to set the video to tape Jamie Oliver, causing the guy behind her to hit the brakes and the woman behind him would crash into him because of slow reactions. But because the woman who crashed into him drives a Merc her man bought her and put under his insurance policy as a named driver, the stats for men goes up 1 yet again. The Merc probably isn't even scratched in the first place but the Accord the unlucky guy was in was smashed into pieces, all because he had to fund his family, his wife's shopping, his kids' school fees, his house and could only afford an Accord.
I'm not the Accord man fortunately. But there were a few times I had to horn or zoom out of the way with women drivers failing to stop in time to avoid getting a dent in my car's arse.
And read this from the news article you sent us:
"women drivers were twice as likely to have accidents at junctions than men"
Thank you BBC.
Add pictures here
✖