2.7T Tire Suggestion

Have a used 2001 2.7T with Nokian tires. We are not happy with the tires as they are very noisy. Car also starts to vibrate at 60MPH and is there through 70MPH. Looking for suggestions for new tires. Would prefer smooth
quiet ride to mega performance.
Marc
I had Michelin MXV4 that did not last long and were on the noisy side.
I replaced them with Toyo Proxes TPT and they are very quiet. Big difference.

as
I also recommend the TireRack for their reviews. I recently purchased a set of Dunlop SP Sport 5000's for my Oldsmobile after reviewing several similar tires at the TireRack. They only have about 5k miles on them so far, so I can't really comment on tread life, but they're very quiet (much quieter than the stock Goodyear Eagles they replaced) and handle at least as well as the Goodyears. They're moderately sporty all-season radials, and came with a bi-directional tread pattern in my 215-60/16 tire size. IIRC, the lower sidewall ratios (55 series and lower) of this tire have a uni-directional tread pattern, and might not be as quiet as mine.
- Greg
--
1976 Cadillac Fleetwood 9-passenger sedan
1989 Audi 200TQ sedan