2003 A4 3.0 Speed limiting in ECU

Page 2 of 2

Funnily enough, I tried the very same thing tonight. It's tricky to say for sure because I had to keep glancing at two things (as well as the road of course.. if I had cruise it might have helped), but I eventually decided that 70mph on the dash was 66mph on the GPS.
andyt
Andy Turner wrote:

I always use a Garmin GPS and have found the Audi speedometer to read so close to the GPS at all speeds up to 85 mph that I can not tell if there is any difference at all. This was in three T44s and one 98.5 A4.
The GPS is supposedly accurate to 0.1 mph and updated each second.
Tony

Join a sports car club that has an accurate speed radar (preferably K or Ka band). Take your car to a safe venue (track or closed airfield) and let her rip. Have someone paint you with the radar. Have another brave soul in the car with you to take a reading at the trap. Just be aware that at that speed you need lots of room to stop (145 mph is 213 feet/sec).
Dave (been there, done that with an RS6)
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:52:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@anywhere.org wrote:

I'm so jealous; I can't think of anyplace near where I live where I could let my A4 loose like that without fear of cops giving me a major traffic violation ticket.

135MPH in traffic would be impressive. In Paris they drive 140mph in their tunnels, from personal experience.
cp

yep they would, and sometimes under the influence of drink and drugs.........ask Mr Alfyed