A4 3.0 Tiptronic

Hey all..

I'm looking for opinions on A4 3.0 tiptronics/multitronics.

An early 2002 model will set me back ?35000 ($44300) which is a lot of money to me so I'd like to hear from owners first. What do you think of the engine (power, funfactor), reliability and the tip/multitronic system? I think I'd prefer a manual stick but they seem to be extremely rare over here (Holland).

Any info welcome!

cheers,

Bram (Currently a happy '99 TT owner)

Reply to
Bram

I have a 2003 A4 3.0 CVT with 33,500 miles. No problems with the Multitronic whatsoever, and I drive it pretty hard. The gas mileage is also pretty good; I've always gotten over 20 mpg in city driving and between 27 and 29 mpg highway driving. The CVT is much faster than the tiptronic quattro (0-60 of 6.8 secs versus 7.8 secs for the slushbox quattro). The manual tranny 3.0 quattro is also 6.8 secs to 60-- but the CVT is much more convenient in traffic, and gets better fuel economy than either.

Reply to
Jay Jones