Alterations to rear bumper - 2000 A6 ?

Hello all -
I searched a bit on google before posting this and didn't find much. Has anyone ever done or seen a modification to the Audi A6 rear bumper so that it can have the updated appearance of the 2001
and later models - with the two cutouts for the exhaust tips? It is a minor detail, but I really like how the later cars have the straight polished tips that can be seen from behind the car, rather than the stealth downturned tips hidden behind the plastic. It looks like it could be done without buying a whole new bumper cover - any thoughts ?

plastic.
any
I know somoene with a A4 TDI 2.5 who has done what you are saying, the garage just cut the hole and fitted the pipes looks great.
http://www.1337hosts.com/exhaust.JPG