Audi A3 Squeeking Brakes Driving Me Mental ..... arrrgggggg / Help!!!!

Hi... I was wondering if anyone has the same problem
I have an Audi A3 (2000)TDI sport A few months ago I notice the brakes started to squeek. I thought thay
must be wearing out and soon after the light came on.. sure enough I bought some new front pads and took it to my freinds garage...
Turns out the censor wire for the brake indicator had snapped So I thought change them anyway to get rid of the squeek
So with new front pads(non audi) it continued to squeek(copper was grease used on back of pads)In fact it got worse
So a couple of months later it was due a service, by this time I was loosing patience.So this time I had all new pads and 2 new discs on the front
It is now worse than ever?
Solutions tried: Copper Grease Pads have been filed at an angle Taken off and cleaned I have Audi pads at the back and VW at front Random Bracking to get rid of the film New pads all over New front discs
And knowone tell me its a sign of good brakes as I know through random braking solution
cheers
snipped-for-privacy@shopcreator.com (Silky) wrote in message

A lot of people do.

Unfortunately, it *is* an inherent characteristic of disk brakes. While you have apparently tried all the usual remedies, there can *still* be brake squeal. VW/Audi even published a pamphlet about it explaining that there's no way to guarantee that disk brakes *won't* squeal. If you were in North America, I'd suggest a Buick. They're known for quiet - and mediocre - brakes. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)