audi driving experience programs

Have any of you taken any of the Audi driving experience programs at Infineon? I was thinking of either the 1/2 day introductory S- Model program or the 1 day S-Model program. I haven't been to an event like this before. Do you feel the cost is justified?

Thanks, Anoop

Reply to
anoop

Last year I went to Pocono Raceway in PA and did the Audi R8 experience, full day. Got plenty of seat time in the R8, RS4, and the TT was used for a gymkhana (solo) course. We also drove an A4, A6, and A8. I went hoping to also drive the S5, but they were hesitant to let go of the two they had. We got to go on the track with the R8, thru turn 1 and then into the infield course and back onto the track. I chose to drive the tiptronic R8 with the paddles (like my RS6), and I was much faster than the manual car behind me. We reached speeds of about 130, and did about 10 laps, all this old man could take. d;o)

You're lucky to be o the west coast and the Infineon Raceway. Great track. I'd say, DO IT. I may do Infineon next year.

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Forgot to add: I also did the Audi program at Road Atlanta a few years ago, and Audi's Hands On program back in 1987. Audi puts together a good program with very professional drivers/personel. They are a class act.

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Dave,

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to decide between the 1/2 day introductory course and the full day. Would a 1/2 day be too little? Apparently they are the same program with more track time for the 1-day. I don't want to leave with a feeling of "it got over too quickly" or get completely worn out either...I'm worried about the latter since I've never done one of these before so I don't want my head spinning from driving super fast all day long. What would you suggest for a first-timer?

Anoop

Reply to
anoop

I doubt you will get "completely worn out" on any program they offer. You will be running on adrenaline most of the day, regardless the program. I am 72 and not in good health, and had no problems with the R8 program. I took a Bob Bondurant three day course a couple of years ago and that was "intense" with a full track race (no instructors in the car) on the last day. I was a happy tired old man every night.

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Dave,

Just a quick followup...I attended the 1/2-day introductory S program. It was fun, and I think it was the right thing given that I had never been to a track before. I found that it took a lot of concentration for me to follow the correct course on the track and I was already at my limits by the end of the 1/2 day (too much to learn in one sitting).

Anoop

Reply to
anoop

Good for you.

Now you are ready for even bigger things. Consider a Bondurant or Barber school, or a full day or two at an Audi event. You won't be sorry.

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse