Best Engine

I am wondering what would be the most reliable engine in a Audi, I am looking to get a replacement Audi 1999 to 2003 ( A4 ) & I don't particularly
want oil sludge problems or timing belt failures, have any engines got timing chains? I just want something reliable,
Steve.
"Steve68s"wrote

From 2002 (or 2001 if you're in Europe) they've started offering the 3.0 V6 engine, which does not suffer from sludge issues like the 1.8T, nor leaks, like the previous 2.8. Apart from some defective coilpacks on early models (most likely already replaced under a dealer service action by now), I haven't heard of any major issues. It still has a timing belt which needs to be replaced every 75K miles if I'm not mistaken.
Cheers, Pete