What engine oil for 2000 maxima?

Hey guys.

I just bought a pre-owned 2000 maxima, and loving it so far.

What engine oil, synthetic or regular should I use for it? I know you can't go back once you go synthetic, but that's not a concern for me. I just want to use whats best for the car.

If synthetic is good, what brand/type should I use?

Thanks.

Reply to
DukeN

I just bought a pre-owned 2000 maxima, and loving it so far.

What engine oil, synthetic or regular should I use for it? I know you can't go back once you go synthetic, but that's not a concern for me. I just want to use whats best for the car.

If synthetic is good, what brand/type should I use?

Thanks.

Reply to
Boots

The VQ30DE is bullet proof. Doesn't really matter as long as you change it from time to time (3-5K).

Reply to
JimV

AMSOIL synthetics

Marco Licetti

5W30 or 10W30 in climates that stay above 0 degrees F. Synthetic or regular oil.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

far.