Cold Idle high

my 80 has started to run high at start up (2K) untill fully warmed up then will idle at 900rpm, but if i disconect the coolent temp sender cable before I start
it runs at 900rpm stright away
Should I change the above unit?

Test and don't guess!!!
It may not be the CTS! IIRC Usually they create a lean mixture when they go bad and it is hard to start a cold engine, but yours may be bad. It is better to test then to start replacing parts. ;-)

Dave, can you advise a way to test I do have a multimeter if that would help?
Regards Oliver

Your repair manual should give you a range of readings (ohms) that you will get from the CTS according to engine temp and outside temp. You can also compare to a new one or another one if you have one handy.
I don't remember what it should be off the top of my head. :-) It might be on the internet though if you do a search. ;-)

Well I checked the sensor and it was about 3.5k ohms at approx 10c I think thats about right, so no nearer there then
What I have noted is that if I dissconect the ISCV plug it starts to tick over at the right speed and does so even if I reconect the plug agian
I must admit I feel like I am stabing in dark, I was hoping this would be a fault lots of other 80 owners have had, along with my other post about flats and low power over 5k revs.

Is that valve clean? Maybe it is dirty and sticks???