HELP - A4 TDi (1999) - Air Bag Light

AUDI A4 TDi, 1999

The red light of the Air Bag, in the front panel, is turning ON.

They fix it, but 2 or 3 days after, it is back ON again.

I was told that it is an electric plastic piece, under the front seat, that doesn't work OK (no contact, sometimes).

Audi (in Algarve/ Portugal) says that to fix this problem, they need to replace ALL the air bag electric system as they don't change, just that litlle elecrit plastic piece (and that will cost me about 1.800 euros)

As this doesn´t make sense to me, I would like to have your opinion and the ADRESS OF AUDI, in Germany, if you feel that a letter to them could help.

Thanks.

Reply to
Luka

Luka,

Try another dealer or, if available in Portugal, an independent repair shop. You might get agreement with the first shop although I suspect that there is a possibility that a second shop might disagree and fix the problem by changing one part.

Ken

Reply to
KWS