Air Bag Light

My air bag Light is on my 2000 Sonata, someone told me to check wire under driver seat, sometimes it comes unplugged. One wire under seat is connected, but there are two wires one white plug in one black plug in, not connected to anything, and I can't find where they should plug in. Can anyone help.

Reply to
cldcld

Chances are the two loose connectors would be for the power seats if you had them. If you don't see anything coming off the seat for them to plug into, then they probably don't need to be plugged in.

The problem with the connector for the air bag wasn't so much that it would become unplugged, but that there would be poor contact between the connector terminals.

First, check with your dealer to see if there are any open recalls. Phoning them with your VIN should be sufficient. There was an air bag wiring recall on your vehicle. If it hasn't yet been done, take it to the dealer, tell them the lamp is on, and have the recall done.

If it has already been done, you should expect that you will have to pay for all repairs. Take your car to anyplace qualified to diagnose and repair air bag systems, but I'd recommend the dealer. This light could be on because of a low voltage condition, to the poor connection mentioned above, to a faulty air bag, to stuff that goes on and on. I'm not going to recommend you try to diagnose this system yourself. It's possible to deploy one or more air bags using improper diagnostic or repair methods.

Reply to
hyundaitech