Help needed...AUDI 80

Hi everyone, I have one question. I would like to buy an AUDI TD from '91 and would like to check all serial numbers so I can be sure car was not stollen.
Where I can find all these numbers on the metal parts of the car? How can I match them? Thanks and regards!!!

The number is under the windshield, under the bonnet. First you have to know which country it came from then you could check the police etc. In our country (NL) the law is easy: if the papers are correct and the price is normal, buying it is legal as is possessing.
Ronald