Looking to buy an Audi 80 TDI

I've had it with modern diesels, having suffered a failured turbocharger (and subsequent destruction of the engine) and now a failed fuel pump I can
no longer sustain the high repair costs of my Vauxhall Astra 2.0 DTI.
Looking to buy an older (back to basics) Audi 80 diesel....
Just wondering what faults have people had with them ?
( The Astra fuel pump is costing 1300, the main dealer wanted 2200 !!!!!! )

Which engine? I've the straight five which seems OK. It's done 250,000ish and still goes well.
--
Skipweasel
Looking at the 1.9 TDI but keeping my options open.

Dunno - it's a 2.5 TDi and I've never needed any spares! Well, that's not entirely true, the rear wiper delay relay was iffy so I got one from the breakers for a quid and both front squirters' heaters had died. Under 25 for the pair.
--
Skipweasel
Guy King wrote:

The 2.5 TDI 5 straight was built into an Audi 80?
Regards
Wolfgang

Good question - dunno.
--