New A3 5 door

I like the new Audi A3 2 litre FSI Sport. However, I've never liked 3 door cars, and have been waiting for the 5 door version.
Speaking to an Audi sales rep last week, he mentioned that the 5 door version
has been delayed until late 2004. Asking why, he said it is going to be quite different to the current A3; it was going to have a longer boot.
That sounds bad. I just want a new A3 with 5 doors. Can anyone confirm when and what the new A3 5 door version will be?
Phil
------------------------------ Phil Meyer http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk

Hmm, wonder what they mean by "longer boot" exactly.
I've seen many people comment that the new A3 looks just like the old one, but frankly I couldn't disagree more. I love the look of the new A3, but hated the old one, and the main thing I hated about it was the protruding rear.
The way the rear end bulged out at the base of the rear screen never appealed to me. I wonder if something similar to this is what they're planning to bring back with the 5-door?
--
Toby