no spare tire in my TT

i just bought a used TT. Nice car, bur I just discovered it has no spare tire but it has a compressor and some kind of spray...!!??. Does anyone has
any experience with this system. Is it reliable or should I but a spare tire ?
mariana

Hi Mariana,
I have heard that this is the standard kit for dealing with a flat tyre - I think on TTRs. In the UK, the TTC has a space saver wheel - still not brilliant, but it's difficult to store a full size wheel in the size of car we have. So I wouldn't worry too much - just make sure you know how to use the spray ... or sort out a recovery service.
Good TT'ing
--
Moley
TTOC Member

Not sure about the TT, but in the UK the A3 now comes with the spray/compressor as standard, with the space-saver wheel as a no-cost option.
I'd imagine the TT has a space for a space-saver wheel where the spray/compressor is atm? If so then I'd seriously consider buying one.
The two problems with the spray/compressor solution are:
1. It doesn't help if you have a major blow-out. 2. If you have a simple puncture, such as a nail, then using the spray will wreck the tyre and you'll need a new one rather than a simple repair.
--
Toby