Odd Ignition/Electrical Prob - '87 5kQ

(I think this is bad.)
I started her up the other day, and went to put the windows down. None of the switches worked. Then I noticed that the Climate Control was
blank and my headlights/directionals didn't work (the radio was dead too).
Soooooo, I turned the car off, and just had it run off the battery. Viola, all of the electronics were back. I turned that off, started the car again, and the same problem occured.
I went back and forth a few more times w/ the exact same results.
Then, while the engine was running, I just tapped the key in the ignition. The key moved ever so slightly in a counter-clockwise direction and all the electronics came back.
This worries me. I've had plenty of run-ins w/ Audi electronics from the mid-80s, and it's never fun. Fortunately, the key seems to be sliding to the proper position now, but this is one of those things I don't think I can prentend never happened...
Any thoughts?
Your ignition switch is worn out. Replace it.
--
Stephen Clark
Stephen Clark wrote:

A *simple* fix?
After what I've been through w/ the recirc fix:
    http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/AC.html#recirc
I figured I was shot.
(Thx for both tips btw.)